Massage Burke | Massage Fairfax | Massage Northern Virginia | Custom Massage Northern VA
How to Prepare for Holiday Stress
With October quickly coming to an end, it won’t be long before the holiday season is in full effect. While this can be one of the most enjoyable times of the year, it’s sure to bring plenty of stress to your life as well (if you let it).
Fortunately, there are a few things you can do in advance of the holiday season to reduce the amount of stress that enters your life. Here are five ideas to consider:
· Start making plans now. Rather than wait until the last minute to make your holiday plans, do so as far in advance as possible.
· Know what’s most important to you. This goes a long way in helping you keep common stressors out of your life.
· Focus on your personal relationships. The holiday season is all about spending quality time with family and friends. Forget about everything else and make the most of the time you spend together.
· Get help. Even if you like to do everything yourself, there will be times when you need help. Don’t be afraid to ask those around you for assistance.
· Maintain a healthy diet. It’s difficult to do during the holiday season, but a healthy diet goes a long way in allowing you to look and feel your best.
It doesn’t matter how you prepare for holiday stress as long as you have a plan in place for doing so. These five tips should be able to assist you in the months to come.
Jennifer Ferdinand, owner of Serendipity Wellness Studio in Burke, VA, has been practicing massage therapy and esthetics since 2006. She is nationally certified through NCBTMB, and licensed in Virginia for both Massage Therapy and Esthetics.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments