Massage Burke | Massage Fairfax | Massage Northern Virginia | Custom Massage Northern VA
Lifestyle Remedies for Strep Throat
Strep throat is a major concern for many people during the winter months, especially those who are susceptible to this particular ailment.
While your doctor can help you better understand your treatment options, it doesn’t mean you’ll agree with them. For example, you may not be interested in pumping your body full of antibiotics with the hope of a fast recovery.
Here are some of the best “lifestyle remedies” for strep throat:
· Get more rest: Don’t push your body to the limit as you’re fighting an infection. Instead, get as much rest as possible, as this allows you to make a faster recovery.
· Drink more water: Even if it hurts, you need to drink more water as to prevent dehydration and keep your throat lubricated.
· Watch what you eat: It’s best to stick to easy to swallows foods, with soup, apple sauce, and soft fruit among the best.
· Gargle with salt water: Doing this a few times per day can relieve your pain and discomfort.
· Fire up your humidifier: When you add moisture to the air, you’re less likely to dry out. Even if it doesn’t speed up the recovery, it helps with your comfort level.
If your doctor diagnoses you with strep throat, don’t hesitate to immediately do these things.
Jennifer Ferdinand, owner of Serendipity Wellness Studio in Burke, VA, has been practicing massage therapy and esthetics since 2006. She is nationally certified through NCBTMB, and licensed in Virginia for both Massage Therapy and Esthetics.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments