Massage Burke | Massage Fairfax | Massage Northern Virginia | Custom Massage Northern VA
Sleep Better in the Summer Heat With These Tips
When your home heats up, you may dread the nighttime hours. Even if you’re dead tired, you know that getting to sleep will be a challenge.
Fortunately, there are several tips you can follow to beat the heat and get the sleep you’ve been craving:
· Stick with cotton sheets. When the temperature heats up cotton sheets do a great job of keeping you cool. By wicking away sweat, you’re more likely to rest comfortably throughout the night.
· Take a cold shower. Don’t assume that a cold shower will keep you awake. It may raise your level of alertness for a bit, but it will also lower your core temperature.
· Open the windows. If you don’t have AC or your system isn’t working, it’s time to rely on Mother Nature to cool you down. As temperatures fall at night, open windows will bring a nice breeze into your home.
· Sleep alone. It’s not always possible, but sleeping alone goes a long way in helping you doze off during those hot nights. When someone else is in bed you can be rest assured that his or her body heat will result in more discomfort than necessary.
· Exercise before bed. Any sort of exercise before bed will wear you out, thus making it easier for you to fall asleep. This is an easy one to take advantage of.
If you want to sleep better in the summer heat it’s time to experiment with one or more of these tips. You won’t be disappointed!
Jennifer Ferdinand, owner of Serendipity Wellness Studio in Burke, VA, has been practicing massage therapy and esthetics since 2006. She is nationally certified through NCBTMB, and licensed in Virginia for both Massage Therapy and Esthetics.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments