Massage Burke | Massage Fairfax | Massage Northern Virginia | Custom Massage Northern VA
Tips for Treating Dry Skin in the Fall
Now that the fall season has arrived, it won’t be long before you realize the impact on many areas of your health. For example, this time of the year has a way of taking a toll on your skin.
If dry skin is the norm for you during the fall months, now’s the time to prepare for the worst. Here are five things you can do to treat this common ailment:
· Avoid hot showers and baths: the more time you spend in hot water the more moisture your skin will lose. Opt for lukewarm water and you’ll be surprised at how much better your skin feels.
· Use moisturizers: if you’re in the habit of doing this all year long, keep it up during the fall months.
· Use a humidifier: if your home has a whole house humidifier, turn it on alongside your furnace. If it doesn’t, purchase a portable unit and use it accordingly.
· Find the right soap: some types of soap have a way of sucking the moisture out of your skin, when what you’re actually trying to achieve is the opposite. Experiment with a few types of soap until you find the one that’s best for your skin.
· It starts with your hands: your hands may be the first part of your body to dry out and crack. If you recognize this happening, there’s a good chance the rest of your body is next.
What do you think of these tips for treating dry skin during the fall months? Have these worked for you in the past?
Jennifer Ferdinand, owner of Serendipity Wellness Studio in Burke, VA, has been practicing massage therapy and esthetics since 2006. She is nationally certified through NCBTMB, and licensed in Virginia for both Massage Therapy and Esthetics.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments