Massage Burke | Massage Fairfax | Massage Northern Virginia | Custom Massage Northern VA
There are things you can do to promote relaxation, such as getting a massage. There are also things you can do to improve your energy level. This is something that comes in handy for people of all ages.
If you are looking for an energy boost, you don’t have to do anything that could harm your health. Instead, below are three ways to boost your energy in a healthy (and time efficient) manner:
· Increase your magnesium intake. If you add more magnesium to your diet, don’t be surprised if you feel more energized within a few days. You can do this by eating more fish, almonds, and cashews.
· Take a power nap. Are you looking for a pick me up during the day? Rather than down a cup of coffee, take a quick nap. This can go a long way in resting your mind and body, thus putting you in position to achieve greater results later in the day.
· Eat breakfast. As the old saying goes, breakfast truly is the most important part of the day. If you skip this meal, you can expect to feel sluggish throughout the day.
With these three tips in mind, you should be able to quickly boost your energy when you need it the most. For more information and advice on this topic, visit this webpage. You will soon find a strategy that works for your situation.
It doesn’t matter what type of skin issues you are facing, there is a solution that can bring immediate relief. From dry skin to itchy skin, when you take the right approach it won’t be long before you are looking and feeling better.
While there are times when visiting a dermatologist would be in your best interest, don’t jump the gun. You may be able to relieve yourself with a few natural remedies, such as:
1. Drink more water. Believe it or not, this is one of the best things you can do to improve the health of your skin. Even better is the fact that this has a positive impact on other parts of your body.
2. Add fiber to your diet. This sounds strange, but it can go a long way in improving the health of your skin. Many people don’t get the daily recommended amount of fiber. If you make this one change to your diet, your skin will thank you.
3. Stay on the move. Did you know that inactivity can lead to acne, puffiness, and other skin related conditions? This doesn’t mean you have to hit the gym every day. As long as you remain active in some way, your skin will benefit.
Are you interested in an organic facial? How about a variety of products that can change your skin for the better? If so, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We have a service or product that is perfect for you.
There are many things you can do to remain healthy during the cold winter months. For example, you can take steps to prevent the flu and continue to eat healthy. Furthermore, you should consider the benefits of working out on a regular basis.
Many people find it is easy to workout when the weather is warm. They have no problem getting out of bed, driving to the gym, and working up a sweat. But when it is dark, cold, and snowy, they tend to lose some motivation.
Here are three gym alternatives to ensure a solid workout during the winter months:
1. Home gym equipment. Why not buy some equipment for your home? This allows you to workout whenever you want, all without ever having to step into the cold. You don’t have to go overboard. For many, a treadmill or some free weights is all they need.
2. Get in a good run. It may not sound like fun to run in the cold (and maybe the snow), but once you hit the pavement things will quickly change. You will realize you are up for the challenge. You will also realize that this is a great way to get in a workout, especially if you don’t want to (or can’t) visit a gym.
3. Focus on your work schedule. Can you walk to the office? Can you take the steps instead of the elevator? Does your company offer a gym in your office building? You have to leave home to work, so you might as well consider if this can benefit you in some way other than making money.
As the fall season gives way to winter, begin to consider the best ways to stay in shape.
As you probably know, there are many benefits of drinking the appropriate amount of water on a daily basis. But did you know there are a variety of other drink choices that are just as healthy?
If you are looking to improve your overall level of health, here are several healthy drink choices that you can add to your diet:
· Lemon water.
· Herbal tea.
· Green juice.
· Coconut water.
You may not want to add each one of these drinks to your daily diet, but one or two will do your body good. For example, lemon water will provide your immune system with a boost. Herbal tea, of course, is known for its energy boosting properties.
Alone or with Food
Some people opt to drink these beverages alone, such as a nice glass of coconut water after a long workout. And then there are those who prefer to combine it with a healthy snack or meal. Either way, the only thing that matters is that you consume the proper amount of the drink. This will ensure that you can take advantage of all the benefits it has to offer.
If you have yet to experiment with these healthy drink choices, now is the time to add one or more to your diet. You may be surprised to find that it improves your health in no time at all.
When you combine these drinks with other products, such as those for healthier skin, you will soon feel like you are sitting on the top of the world!
Can you think of anything more enjoyable than a massage? While there is nothing wrong with visiting the spa on your own, consider the following: doing so with a loved one.
There are many benefits of a couples massage, including the following:
· Opportunity to re-connect with a loved one, friend, or family member. This is a great way to spend time with somebody you care about, while also doing something good for your mind, body, and soul.
· Reduce stress. There are many reasons to get a massage, but reducing stress should always be at the top of your list.
· Get away from the hustle and bustle. When life gets too fast, when life gets in the way of having fun, it is time to take a step back and enjoy yourself. You can do this easily enough by scheduling a couples massage.
Now that you are familiar with some of the top reasons to consider a couples massage, it is time to pick a time and day. You can ask the other person if they are available, or you can surprise them by booking a massage as a gift.
If you want to learn more about the benefits of couples massage, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can answer any questions you may have. And of course, when you are ready to book, we are available as well.
It doesn’t matter if you enjoy or despise grocery shopping, the buying decisions you make will have an impact on your health.
If you are interested in healthier grocery shopping, these three tips will put you on the right track:
1. Plan ahead. What can you purchase that will improve your health? What should you avoid to ensure that you don’t put too much “junk food” into your body? When you plan in advance, you won’t be tempted to make poor decisions. Instead, you will know exactly what you are looking for.
2. Search organic. In the past, finding stores that offered organic foods was an often times difficult task. This is no longer the case. Organic food is all the rage, meaning that most grocery stores carry a large selection.
3. Read the label. Getting into this habit can go a long way in improving your ability to shop with your health in mind. For example, you want to avoid foods with artificial ingredients. This type of information can be found on the label.
By following these three tips, healthier grocery shopping is well within reach. Soon enough, you will feel better about the quality of the food you are putting into your body.
Many people are disgusted at the thought of sweating. Others, however, have come to realize the many benefits associated with working up a good sweat.
The next time you cringe at the thought of sweat rolling down your face, consider the following;
1. Toxin release. Did you know that sweating allows you to release toxins from your body? With this in mind, a good workout can go a long way in clearing clogged arteries, fighting a nasty hangover, and even combatting bloating.
2. Acts as an antibiotic. This doesn’t mean you should attempt to save your sweat for later use. What it does mean, however, is that sweat can act as an antibiotic as it coats your skins. This can help fight the impact of bug bites, scratches, cuts, and stings. How cool is that?
3. Sweating is essential to dealing with temperature changes. Throughout the day, your body will be faced with a variety of environments. Think about sweating as your personal HVAC system. When it is hot, you sweat. This helps regulate your body temperature, thus keeping you in better overall health.
With all this in mind, you should never fight against sweating. Instead, you should let this work in your favor. Many people are surprised to learn that this has so many health benefits.
Combine a good workout with a massage, and your body (and mind) will soon be thanking you.
During the summer months, it is common to face a variety of injuries due to overexertion. As summer gives way to fall, it is time to think about what you can do to improve your overall level of health.
There are many ways the fall season will impact your body. It is important to know what you are up against and how to keep yourself feeling good at all times.
Here are three things to keep in mind:
1. Allergies can remain a problem. Just because the spring and summer are gone, doesn’t mean that allergy season is in the past as well. There are many fall allergies that could lead to the sniffles, a cough, red eyes, and much more. Make sure you are ready for this.
2. A faster heart rate. Did you know that lower temperatures cause your blood vessels to constrict? As a result, your heart rate and blood pressure will increase. This is not typically a big deal, but it is something to keep an eye on if you have hypertension.
3. Flu season. Let’s face it: flu season begins to set in toward the end of fall. Make sure you are prepared for this. For example, you can take steps early on to boost your immune system, thus making it easier to fight off the flu.
Your body can and will change during the fall season. If you head into September feeling sore from all that exercise and work this summer, don’t hesitate to schedule a massage.
Like many, you may remain extremely active during the summer months. From biking and hiking to working in the yard and working in your home, you always have something on your schedule.
While there is nothing wrong with staying active, this increases the chance of injury. For some people, this means a back strain that puts them on the shelf for a few days (or longer).
A pulled back muscle is more serious than it sounds. It won’t kill you, but it can definitely put you in a state of pain and discomfort for an extended period of time.
If you find yourself dealing with such an injury, here is what you need to do:
1. Visit the doctor. At the very least, your doctor can verify that you pulled a muscle and did not cause any additional damage. You want to know what you are dealing with.
2. Opt for pain medication. You don’t have to go overboard with prescription pain medication, but an over the counter option is something to consider. This will allow you to rest more comfortably as you recover.
3. Get a massage. This can promote blood flow, loosen your muscles, and help you relax. When combined with over the counter medication, it could be just what you need to deal with this injury in a timely manner.
A back strain can be painful and uncomfortable. Furthermore, it can hold you back from doing the things you love. If you find yourself dealing with this injury, the three treatment strategies above can help.
There are many natural skin care products and services that can improve the way your skin looks and feels. However, there are times when peeling skin becomes a problem. If this happens to you, there is nothing more important than taking immediate action. After all, you don’t want this issue to bother you for an extended period of time.
First things first, determine what is causing the problem. Is your skin peeling because of sunburn? Is this a problem as the result of a certain condition? Once you know the cause, it is easier to find a solution.
For many, treating peeling skin is as simple as moisturizing the area two to three times per day. With moisturizing cream, you can keep the affected area hydrated. Believe it or not, aloe and vitamin E can have a big impact on the health of your skin.
Here is something else to consider: hot water can remove natural oil from the skin, thus making the peeling worse.
It is best to take cool showers, as this will help you avoid additional dryness and peeling. Upon leaving the shower, pat yourself dry with a towel. Don’t rub, as this can make the area worse.
Final note: scratching or peeling dry skin will only provide temporary relief. In the long run, it can lead to more trouble, including infection.
If peeling skin is a problem for you, don’t wait to change your approach to treatment. You may find it possible to put this problem in the past without much delay.
There are many things you can do to improve your overall level of health and well being. Here is one thing you should always remember: water is essential to every system in your body. For this reason, you never want to toe the line of dehydration.
Here are three key questions you need to address regarding the importance of water to your body:
1. What are the health benefits of water? As your body’s principal chemical component, water is key to good health. For example, water carries nutrients to your cells while removing toxins from your system.
2. How much water do you really need to drink? Even though you may not realize it, you lose water in everything you do. For this reason, you need to replenish your supply. A general rule of thumb is to consume half your body weight in ounces. For example, if you weigh 100 pounds you should aim for 50 ounces per day. This will ensure that you are getting everything you need.
3. What is the best way to ensure you are getting enough water? If you cringe at the thought of drinking so much water, there are steps you can take to ensure that you remain on track. For example, keep a glass of water at your work desk. Along with this, don’t attempt to consume all eight glasses at the same time. Instead, spread this out throughout the day.
We talk about the importance of water on a regular basis, as this can have a big impact on your health. If you don’t feel you are consuming enough water, now is the time to adjust your approach.
Before you head for the beach, before you ever hit the sand, it is important to be aware of the things you can do to stay safe at all times. The last thing you want is to make a poor decision that ruins a good time.
Here are a few things to think about:
1. Apply and reapply sunscreen as needed. This will go a long way in helping you avoid sunburn, which can quickly turn any beach trip into a disaster. Remember, even if the sun is hiding behind the clouds you can still get burnt.
Tip: choose a zinc oxide based sunblock rather than a chemical based one.
2. Watch for warning flags. Warning flags are displayed for a reason. For example, a red flag typically means there are strong currents. In some cases, this even means the beach is closed. Make sure you are well aware of what each flag means, as this will keep you safe.
3. Stay hydrated. Even if you are doing nothing more than sitting on the beach, you can still become dehydrated in no time at all. There are a lot of myths surrounding dehydration, none of which you want to believe. All you need to know is this: you should keep yourself hydrated at all times.
These tips will help keep you safe at the beach this summer. Upon your return, don’t forget to visit us for a massage or natural skin care treatment.
With the heat of the summer finally here, you may be spending a lot of time outdoors and/or working out. While there is nothing wrong with this, you don’t want to do so at the expense of your well being.
Dehydration is defined by WebMD as follows:
“Dehydration is a condition that occurs when the loss of body fluids, mostly water, exceeds the amount that is taken in. With dehydration, more water is moving out of our cells and bodies than what we take in through drinking.”
While this may not sound like a big deal, it can have a negative impact on your mind and body.
If you are concerned about dehydration, it is essential to know the facts and myths associated with this serious condition.
Below are several dehydration myths that have landed many people in trouble:
· Dehydration may be uncomfortable by causing side effects, but it is not dangerous. Not only is this uncomfortable, but it can negatively impact your body to the point of causing serious injury or illness.
· You must drink eight glasses of water per day. This may be a good guideline to follow, but it is not required.
· Clear urine means you are hydrated. While this can give you a basic idea of whether or not you are dehydrated, don’t rely solely on urine color.
These are just a few of the many myths associated with dehydration. If you are worried that you aren’t getting enough fluids, stop what you are doing to hydrate your body. You will be glad you did.
The Mayo Clinic defines pilates as follows:
“Pilates is a method of exercise that consists of low-impact flexibility and muscular strength and endurance movements. Pilates emphasizes use of the abdominals, lower back, hips and thighs.”
Even though you may have some knowledge of pilates, beginners don’t often understand the full range of benefits.
Once you are on board with how this can improve your health, it won’t be long before you are giving it a try.
Here are some of the many benefits of pilates:
· Improved flexibility
· Improved stability
· Improved core strength
· Improved balance
· Improved posture
· Prevention of back pain
· Treatment of back pain
Now do you see why pilates has become so popular? In addition to the above, consider the following: as long as you are in reasonably good health, you can get involved with this method of exercise.
Some people get started at home, as they prefer to exercise on their own. Others, however, visit a local pilates studio for instruction and interaction with others. The choice is yours. What matters most is that you use this form of exercise to your advantage.
Now that you understand the benefits of pilates, you can answer this question: will it help transform your mind, body, and soul? If you like what you read above, now is the time to give this your full and undivided attention. You may find that it improves your overall level of health.
If working out is part of your daily or weekly routine, you are well aware that your muscles can and will become fatigued. While this is all part of the process, knowing this doesn’t make the recovery any easier.
Below are three tips to speed up muscle recovery:
1. Stay hydrated. Are you staying hydrated while working out? Are you drinking enough post-workout? If you don’t know the answer, chances are that you need to improve in this area.
2. Stretch after your workout. Many people immediately shut down once their workout comes to an end. This is a mistake. You should stretch for 10 to 15 minutes. It may sound like a waste of time, but it can benefit you in many ways.
3. Get a massage. You may not do this after every workout, but it makes sense from time to time. A massage promotes circulation and healing, allowing your body to feel better without delay. Try to get on a regular massage schedule, such as once or twice per week.
Final tip: don’t push an injury. There is a big difference between a sore muscle and one that is injured. If you need to give yourself extra time to recover, don’t hesitate to do so.
With these tips guiding you, it is easier to speed up muscle recovery. Even if you only implement one of these ideas, you may be surprised at the impact it has on your body.
The summer months are a time for exercise. For many, this means spending a lot of time in the swimming pool. From children to adults, this activity can bring a lot of enjoyment.
Just the same as other activities, such as hiking, there is a chance you could become injured during your time in the pool.
Becoming familiar with the most common swimming injuries can go a long way in helping you remain in good health. Here are a few to be aware of:
1. Swimmer’s shoulder. This is the most common injury, and is most often associated with bad technique or overuse.
2. Neck injuries. This part of the body is always on the move as you swim. Subsequently, poor technique can cause injury.
3. Cramping. Do you remember when your mom told you to wait an hour after eating before jumping in the pool? Well, she wasn’t lying. Cramping is extremely common among swimmers, especially those who recently put a large meal in their stomach.
These injuries will not last forever, but they can most definitely cause you pain and discomfort. If you experience one or more of these injuries this summer, it is best to spend some time out of the pool as you recover.
Note: in addition to rest, there are other types of treatment for swimming injuries, such as massage therapy.
Just because there is a risk of injury doesn’t mean you should avoid swimming this summer. Instead, become familiar with the possibilities to ensure that you do everything possible to remain healthy.
With so many benefits of hiking, there is no wondering why so many hit the local trails all summer long.
While doing so, there is no denying the fact that your mind and body will get a solid workout. However, you are also putting your safety and health at risk if you don’t know what you are doing.
Here are three top tips for safe hiking this summer:
1. Wear sunscreen. You may start your hike when the sun is just coming up, but by the time you finish it could be beating down on you from every angle. Neglecting to wear sunscreen could lead to a severe burn, not to mention more serious long term health complications.
2. Drink plenty of water. The last thing you want is to become dehydrated along the way. This is more serious than many people believe, as it could land you in the hospital if it gets bad enough. It is better to take more water than you think you will need, as opposed to not enough.
3. Take your cell phone along for the hike. There are many reasons for this, including the fact that it could save your life in the event of an emergency. For example, you can call for help if you get lost or suffer an injury. Without this technology, you are taking a big risk.
These are three of the many tips you can follow to enjoy a safer hiking experience. If you are looking for a way to recover from a long hike, don’t hesitate to book a massage. This will have your muscles feeling better in no time.
A neck strain may not sound serious, but this can make life difficult for an extended period of time.
If you have strained your neck in the past, and want to avoid the same in the future, it is important to become familiar with the most common causes:
· Remaining in an awkward position for an extended period of time. This could include everything from driving without a break for several hours to hunching over your keyboard all day long.
· Carrying something heavy. From a suitcase to a piece of furniture, picking up and carrying a heavy object can strain your neck (while also causing other injuries).
· Trauma, such as whiplash in a motor vehicle accident.
Even if you know what caused your neck strain, it doesn’t mean you can treat it on your own. You may find it necessary to consult with your doctor, and as noted above, get a professional massage.
A neck strain is not the most serious injury, but it can cause more pain and discomfort than many people believe.
Now that you understand the common causes, as well as some of the best treatment strategies, you can do your best to avoid this type of injury. In the event that you are struck with a neck strain, don’t wait around to seek the appropriate treatment.
Have you scheduled a massage? Are you looking forward to your appointment? If so, you don’t have to do much work. Instead, show up on time and let your therapist do his or her job.
Even so, there are a few tips you can follow to get more out of this experience. Here are some ideas to keep in mind:
1. Drink plenty of water after your massage. Many people don’t understand that their muscle tissues can become dehydrated. Be sure to rehydrate after your massage, as this will ensure that you get the full effect. And don't forget to arrive for your massage well hydrated. This will help alleviate soreness.
Note: don't come in on a full tummy!
2. Take a warm shower before your massage. Did you know that this can help relax your body? Doing so will go a long way in ensuring that your muscles are ready to take full benefit of a massage.
3. Think twice about the best time for a massage. Some people prefer a massage early in the morning, as this gets them ready for their day. Others would rather opt for an evening appointment, as it gives them the opportunity to wind down. Experiment with a variety of time slots, as this will help you find the one that works best for your body.
Many people never think about these details. You may have been one of these people in the past, but you can change your ways in the future. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to put your mind at ease!
The summer months bring warm weather. These months also bring a lot of sunshine, saltwater, and chlorine. While a day at the beach may sound like fun, it can wreak havoc on your hair.
There are many steps you can take to protect your hair during the summer months. Here are some methods to consider:
1. Use a hydrating shampoo and conditioner. These products can go a long way in keeping your hair moist, even when external factors are doing their best to dry it out.
Tip: be careful of which shampoo and conditioner you purchase, as some, such as those with sulfates, can make your problem worse.
2. Be careful with your brush. As tempting as it may be to harshly brush your hair after getting out of the pool or ocean, avoid this to a certain degree. You need to be gentle at this time, as water makes your hair fragile. The best thing you can do is use detangler and a wide-tooth comb.
3. Get a haircut. There are many reasons to keep your hair shorter during the summer months. Not only will it help you stay cool, but you don’t have to worry about dry, dead ends. A trim every six weeks or so is a great way to protect your hair.
Your hair is not the only part of your body that needs to be protected during the summer months. Your skin may also require some extra attention. If so, consider one of these services. You won’t be disappointed with how you feel afterwards!