Massage Burke | Massage Fairfax | Massage Northern Virginia | Custom Massage Northern VA
The thought of a sore throat this winter may be enough to make you squirm. This can stop you dead in your tracks. Not only does it have an impact on your personal life, but it can keep you away from work as well.
While many people turn to antibiotics to treat this condition, it is not always the best idea. For this reason, a growing number of people are using natural remedies to put their sore throat behind them.
Here are five of the top natural remedies for a sore throat:
1. Licorice Root
This isn’t the kind of licorice you enjoyed eating as a child. Instead, it’s the type that has been used to treat sore throats for hundreds of years.
2. Slippery Elm
There isn’t much research on the use of slippery elm, but it’s a traditional remedy for the treatment of a sore throat. Native Americans have been using it to treat sore throats, as well as coughs, for hundreds of years.
When taken straight or mixed with tea, studies have shown the impact of honey on a sore throat. Even better, it is one of the best tasting remedies. What more could you want?
4. Salt Water
It may not sound appealing, but gargling with salt water can sooth your sore throat and break down mucus. Use half a teaspoon of salt in a full glass of warm water for the most powerful impact.
You can take this in many ways, with the most effective being a spray that contains peppermint oil. This can soothe a sore throat, stop a cough, and thin mucus.
There are many cold weather health hazards to avoid, and a sore throat is definitely at the top of the list. If you are hit with this condition, one or more of the natural remedies above could provide relief.
Can you think of anything worse than sitting in a cold office for eight hours a day? This alone is enough to drive you crazy. Furthermore, it is possible it could impact your health in some way.
If you want to stay warm at the office this winter, there are a few simple tips you can follow:
· Wear extra clothes. This may not be something you want to do, but it’s often your best option. For example, make sure you always have a sweater close by. This way, when it gets too cold, you can add another layer.
· Use a space heater. Why not bring your own space heater from home? As long as your company is okay with this, it is a great idea to consider. This is often the best way to warm your personal space, without disrupting others.
· Move around more often. The more you sit in one position the colder you will become. Make it a habit to get up and move around at least once every hour. You may be surprised at how quickly this warms you up.
If the temperature at your place of employment is too cold to handle, don’t suffer through another winter. Instead, implement one or more of the tips above. You will soon find that staying warm is possible.
The winter season just arrived, which means now is the time to prepare for the cold weather that is sure to come.
There are many winter health hazards that you need to avoid at all costs. If you fail to do so, you could find yourself facing an uphill battle in regards to your health.
What are we talking about? Here are five winter health hazards that can pose a giant threat to your health:
· Cold and flu. As you know, either one of these ailments can put you in bed for days on end.
· Hypothermia. Spend too much time in the cold weather and this could be the end result.
· Frostbite. In the most serious of circumstances, frostbite can lead to amputation. It starts in the fingers and toes, so don’t hesitate to run for shelter if numbness, tingling, or stinging sets in.
· Heart attack. If you spend too much time completing strenuous activity in the cold, such as shoveling snow, it could result in a heart attack.
· Depression. Seasonal affective disorder is very real. If you begin to feel down during the winter months, change your routine. For example, spend more time at the gym or take a vacation. This may be all you need to snap out of your funk.
Even if you enjoy the winter months, you must be aware of the common health hazards that come into play during this time of the year.
If you are looking to improve your health, if relaxation is on your mind, contact us to schedule a massage.
With winter weather closing in, you may be resigned to the fact that a stuffy nose is coming next.
While this can be hard to avoid, there are a variety of home remedies that can provide relief. Here are five ways to clear a stuffy nose this winter:
1. Drink more water. Believe it or not, staying hydrated can work in your favor. Make sure you consume water throughout the day, as this can benefit your current condition as well as your overall level of health.
2. Take a shower. Easy enough, right? The steam from a shower can go a long way in clearing your sinuses. You don’t have to spend an hour in the shower. Instead, a good five to ten minutes will do the job.
3. Use a warm compress. This may sound too simple to cure a stuffy nose, but it has been proven effective by many people. A warm compress may be all it takes to help you breathe easy again.
4. Use a saline spray. At first, this may sound a bit invasive. However, once you give it a try, you will soon realize that it can bring fast relief.
5. Drain your sinuses. If all else fails, you may want to use a kit that allows you to drain your sinuses at home.
A stuffy nose can be difficult to deal with. If you find yourself facing this ailment during the winter months, don’t hesitate to experiment with one of the five remedies detailed above.
While some people never consider the benefits of aromatherapy, others have come to realize that this can improve their mind, body, and soul.
The following benefits of aromatherapy could help you realize that this is just what you have been looking for:
· Enhance your overall well-being.
· Improve blood circulation, which brings many benefits to your body.
· Balance hormone production.
· Strengthen the immune system.
· Help you sleep better and longer.
· Improve digestion.
· Reduce pain.
You may not experience all of these benefits, but they are reason enough to give aromatherapy a closer look.
In many cases, aromatherapy is mixed in with massage and the use of essential oils. When you contact us to schedule an appointment, or upon arrival, discuss your desire to use essential oils. We can talk about your options, while also helping you better understand the health benefits.
If you have avoided aromatherapy in the past, regardless of the reason, don’t continue to travel down this path in the future. You may find this one of the best ways to improve your physical and mental well being. And as you know, there is nothing better than that!
Are you looking for a way to relax your mind, body, and soul? If so, a custom therapeutic massage may be just what you need.
At Serendipity Wellness Studio, we take great pride in creating a custom massage based on each person’s individual wants and needs. This goes a long way in ensuring that you are happy with the experience, and that you feel better when you leave than you did when you arrived.
In addition to a personalized experience, there are other things to expect with a custom therapeutic massage. Consider the following:
· A combination of Swedish and deep tissue massage, customized to your preferences.
· Heated table for your comfort.
· Comforting ambiance to put your mind at ease.
· Use of hot towels.
As you can see, we do whatever it takes to provide you with a custom experience that puts you in a better place.
It doesn’t matter if you are getting your first massage or have been doing so for years, nothing changes the fact that you expect the best service and experience. When you rely on us, you can be rest assured that your therapeutic massage is truly custom.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact us today.
A one-time massage can do wonders for your body. If you get involved with this treatment on a regular basis, however, you will soon find it benefiting many areas of your life. How does that sound to you?
Consider the following:
1. Home. Do you have a lot of stress at home? From raising children to keeping up your household, you know that life is always throwing challenges your way. Massage therapy can help reduce stress, which will have a positive impact on your personal life.
2. Work. Let’s face it: you are going to be stressed out by your career from time to time. This happens to the best of us. A massage can relax your mind and body, allowing you to deal with everything that comes your way at work. Furthermore, it will keep you healthy, also allowing you to take fewer days off.
3. Overall level of health. Are you concerned about stress dragging down your health? Are you concerned that you will continue to spend money for doctor visits and medications? Massage treatment is no miracle, but it can definitely improve your health.
Do you now have a better understanding of why regular massage is an idea to consider? If you have any questions or concerns, reach out to us. We are here to provide you with assistance!
There are many reasons why you should understand the importance of staying hydrated. For example, this can have a positive impact on the health of your skin.
While most people realize they should drink more water, some continually fall short of this goal. If that sounds familiar, here are six hacks that can help you consume more water on a daily basis:
· Drink water before you are thirsty. Many people wait until they are thirsty to start drinking. Rather than do this, be as proactive as possible.
· Take water with you wherever you go. From the dinner table to work to the car, you should always have water by your side.
· Add some flavor. There is no rule saying you can’t add flavor to your water. For example, a couple squeezes of a lemon can go a long way in attracting you to drink more.
· Make it cold. Do you really want to drink warm water? Of course not. Make it cold and you will be more inclined to drink and drink often.
· Drink through a straw. This may sound silly, but many people claim it tastes better this way. It’s definitely worth a try.
· Find a container you like. For many, this is the difference between drinking enough water and drinking none. For example, find a big container that can keep your water cold for a long time.
If you want to drink more water, if you realize the importance of doing so, don’t hesitate to implement one or more of these six hacks.
When it comes to fitness goals, no two people are the same. You need to do what is best for you, as this is the only way to feel good about the progress you are making.
While some fitness tips can point you in the right direction, others will do nothing more than hold you back. Here are three tips to ignore:
1. Pain is a good thing. The “no pain, no gain” mantra should never enter your mind. Sure, you may face some discomfort along the way, but don’t push yourself to the point of injury.
Note: if you do injure yourself, such as a muscle strain, consider your many treatment options. For example, massage therapy is something to consider.
2. Crunching your abs will give you a flat stomach. This is both true and false. If you are starting with a flat stomach, this will work in your favor. Conversely, if you have a layer of flab on top of your muscles, don’t expect to see much improvement. Your muscles will get stronger, but the flab will remain.
3. It is best to workout in the morning. This has long been a myth, however, it holds no merit. You should workout whenever it best fits your schedule. For some, this is the early morning hours. For others, it is late at night. Choose a time that works best for you.
When you ignore these fitness tips, you have a better chance of reaching your goals.
Are you sick and tired of being cold all day long at the office? Are you worried that this is taking a toll on your health? If so, you aren’t alone. Unfortunately, as colder weather closes in, your problem may get worse.
On the plus side, there are things you can do to stay warm at the office this winter. Here are three simple ideas to consider:
1. Wear layers. This may sound silly, as you are working inside, but it may be your only option. For example, you could wear a long sleeve shirt under your sweater. If you get warm, you can always take off a layer.
2. Space heater. This works better for some than others, but is always an idea to consider. If you have your own space, for example, this may be a great way to add just enough warmth to remain comfortable.
3. Use a hot water bottle. Does this sound silly? Even so, it truly is a good idea. Not only is this effective, but it is affordable. You can place this on your back, for instance, while you sit at your desk.
If your office is already too cold to handle, now is the time to make a change. You may not be in charge of the thermostat, but there are other things you can do to raise your body temperature.
It doesn’t matter if you strain a muscle at the gym or doing work around home, you know just how painful this can be.
Here is the real dilemma: can you heal the strain on your own, or do you need the help of a medical professional?
In most cases, you will be just fine treating the problem at home. With plenty of rest, ice, and heat, you will find yourself back in business soon enough.
However, here is something to consider: some muscle strains are worse than others. For this reason, you may have to contact a medical professional. Here are some times when it is better to be safe than sorry:
· If your injury is causing you extreme pain.
· If you are unable to find some sense of relief within 24 hours.
· If the injury does not heal over the course of several days.
· If there is significant swelling.
· If your injury is accompanied by a fever.
It is easy to believe that all muscle strains can be healed at home, but this is not always true. If you are facing a more serious issue, consider the benefits of seeking medical care.
Final tip: once you heal, don’t hesitate to learn more about the benefits of massage.
Now that you better understand when you need medical care for a muscle strain, you won’t have to worry that you are making the wrong decision.
With cold weather closing in, you should become familiar with the ways this could impact your body and overall level of health.
Here are several cold weather health risks to watch for this winter:
1. Dry Skin. We have discussed this in the past, but it is worth mentioning again. With the right natural skin care tips, you can avoid issues such as dry, cracked, and/or peeling skin.
2. Immune system. The winter months have a way of spreading the flu and common cold. If you want to avoid this trouble, there are a few things you can do.
First off, wash your hands frequently. Secondly, don’t come in close contact with others who are sick. You are extremely vulnerable during the cold winter months, so don’t overlook the importance of keeping your distance.
3. Heart health. The last thing you want is a heart problem, but remember this: cold weather acts as a vasoconstrictor. Subsequently, you have a greater chance of suffering a heart attack.
To avoid trouble, dress warmly when spending time outdoors. Also, avoid strenuous activity, such as shoveling snow, if you are not in condition to do so in a safe manner.
There are many cold weather health risks to watch for this winter. The three above have plagued millions of people before you. Don’t go down the same path in the months to come.
If you are looking for a way to loosen your muscles this fall or winter, a massage could be just what you need. Contact us to learn more.
There are millions of people who drive for a living. If this sounds familiar, it goes without saying that you spend many hours behind the wheel.
Even if you enjoy your line of work, there may come a point when all the driving takes its toll on your body. If this is a concern, there are steps you can take to improve your comfort behind the wheel:
· Adjust your seat position. It may feel good to “lay back” your seat just a tad, but this can actually lead to more back pain and discomfort over time. Make sure the back of your seat is in an upright position. It will take some getting used to, but can go a long way in reducing discomfort.
· Get out and stretch. Even if you don’t have a lot of time to stretch, a couple minutes out of the driver seat can still do a lot of good. If you feel any pain or discomfort setting in, it is time to stretch out.
· Opt for a massage when you need it the most. After a long week on the road, you need a little bit of rest and relaxation. For many, this means a massage. If you get into the habit of a regular massage, you will quickly realize it can improve how you feel when you find yourself back behind the wheel.
If you drive for a living, these are just a few of the many things you can do to improve your comfort. Why put yourself through pain when you don’t have to?
There are things you can do to promote relaxation, such as getting a massage. There are also things you can do to improve your energy level. This is something that comes in handy for people of all ages.
If you are looking for an energy boost, you don’t have to do anything that could harm your health. Instead, below are three ways to boost your energy in a healthy (and time efficient) manner:
· Increase your magnesium intake. If you add more magnesium to your diet, don’t be surprised if you feel more energized within a few days. You can do this by eating more fish, almonds, and cashews.
· Take a power nap. Are you looking for a pick me up during the day? Rather than down a cup of coffee, take a quick nap. This can go a long way in resting your mind and body, thus putting you in position to achieve greater results later in the day.
· Eat breakfast. As the old saying goes, breakfast truly is the most important part of the day. If you skip this meal, you can expect to feel sluggish throughout the day.
With these three tips in mind, you should be able to quickly boost your energy when you need it the most. For more information and advice on this topic, visit this webpage. You will soon find a strategy that works for your situation.
It doesn’t matter what type of skin issues you are facing, there is a solution that can bring immediate relief. From dry skin to itchy skin, when you take the right approach it won’t be long before you are looking and feeling better.
While there are times when visiting a dermatologist would be in your best interest, don’t jump the gun. You may be able to relieve yourself with a few natural remedies, such as:
1. Drink more water. Believe it or not, this is one of the best things you can do to improve the health of your skin. Even better is the fact that this has a positive impact on other parts of your body.
2. Add fiber to your diet. This sounds strange, but it can go a long way in improving the health of your skin. Many people don’t get the daily recommended amount of fiber. If you make this one change to your diet, your skin will thank you.
3. Stay on the move. Did you know that inactivity can lead to acne, puffiness, and other skin related conditions? This doesn’t mean you have to hit the gym every day. As long as you remain active in some way, your skin will benefit.
Are you interested in an organic facial? How about a variety of products that can change your skin for the better? If so, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We have a service or product that is perfect for you.
There are many things you can do to remain healthy during the cold winter months. For example, you can take steps to prevent the flu and continue to eat healthy. Furthermore, you should consider the benefits of working out on a regular basis.
Many people find it is easy to workout when the weather is warm. They have no problem getting out of bed, driving to the gym, and working up a sweat. But when it is dark, cold, and snowy, they tend to lose some motivation.
Here are three gym alternatives to ensure a solid workout during the winter months:
1. Home gym equipment. Why not buy some equipment for your home? This allows you to workout whenever you want, all without ever having to step into the cold. You don’t have to go overboard. For many, a treadmill or some free weights is all they need.
2. Get in a good run. It may not sound like fun to run in the cold (and maybe the snow), but once you hit the pavement things will quickly change. You will realize you are up for the challenge. You will also realize that this is a great way to get in a workout, especially if you don’t want to (or can’t) visit a gym.
3. Focus on your work schedule. Can you walk to the office? Can you take the steps instead of the elevator? Does your company offer a gym in your office building? You have to leave home to work, so you might as well consider if this can benefit you in some way other than making money.
As the fall season gives way to winter, begin to consider the best ways to stay in shape.
As you probably know, there are many benefits of drinking the appropriate amount of water on a daily basis. But did you know there are a variety of other drink choices that are just as healthy?
If you are looking to improve your overall level of health, here are several healthy drink choices that you can add to your diet:
· Lemon water.
· Herbal tea.
· Green juice.
· Coconut water.
You may not want to add each one of these drinks to your daily diet, but one or two will do your body good. For example, lemon water will provide your immune system with a boost. Herbal tea, of course, is known for its energy boosting properties.
Alone or with Food
Some people opt to drink these beverages alone, such as a nice glass of coconut water after a long workout. And then there are those who prefer to combine it with a healthy snack or meal. Either way, the only thing that matters is that you consume the proper amount of the drink. This will ensure that you can take advantage of all the benefits it has to offer.
If you have yet to experiment with these healthy drink choices, now is the time to add one or more to your diet. You may be surprised to find that it improves your health in no time at all.
When you combine these drinks with other products, such as those for healthier skin, you will soon feel like you are sitting on the top of the world!
Can you think of anything more enjoyable than a massage? While there is nothing wrong with visiting the spa on your own, consider the following: doing so with a loved one.
There are many benefits of a couples massage, including the following:
· Opportunity to re-connect with a loved one, friend, or family member. This is a great way to spend time with somebody you care about, while also doing something good for your mind, body, and soul.
· Reduce stress. There are many reasons to get a massage, but reducing stress should always be at the top of your list.
· Get away from the hustle and bustle. When life gets too fast, when life gets in the way of having fun, it is time to take a step back and enjoy yourself. You can do this easily enough by scheduling a couples massage.
Now that you are familiar with some of the top reasons to consider a couples massage, it is time to pick a time and day. You can ask the other person if they are available, or you can surprise them by booking a massage as a gift.
If you want to learn more about the benefits of couples massage, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can answer any questions you may have. And of course, when you are ready to book, we are available as well.
It doesn’t matter if you enjoy or despise grocery shopping, the buying decisions you make will have an impact on your health.
If you are interested in healthier grocery shopping, these three tips will put you on the right track:
1. Plan ahead. What can you purchase that will improve your health? What should you avoid to ensure that you don’t put too much “junk food” into your body? When you plan in advance, you won’t be tempted to make poor decisions. Instead, you will know exactly what you are looking for.
2. Search organic. In the past, finding stores that offered organic foods was an often times difficult task. This is no longer the case. Organic food is all the rage, meaning that most grocery stores carry a large selection.
3. Read the label. Getting into this habit can go a long way in improving your ability to shop with your health in mind. For example, you want to avoid foods with artificial ingredients. This type of information can be found on the label.
By following these three tips, healthier grocery shopping is well within reach. Soon enough, you will feel better about the quality of the food you are putting into your body.
Many people are disgusted at the thought of sweating. Others, however, have come to realize the many benefits associated with working up a good sweat.
The next time you cringe at the thought of sweat rolling down your face, consider the following;
1. Toxin release. Did you know that sweating allows you to release toxins from your body? With this in mind, a good workout can go a long way in clearing clogged arteries, fighting a nasty hangover, and even combatting bloating.
2. Acts as an antibiotic. This doesn’t mean you should attempt to save your sweat for later use. What it does mean, however, is that sweat can act as an antibiotic as it coats your skins. This can help fight the impact of bug bites, scratches, cuts, and stings. How cool is that?
3. Sweating is essential to dealing with temperature changes. Throughout the day, your body will be faced with a variety of environments. Think about sweating as your personal HVAC system. When it is hot, you sweat. This helps regulate your body temperature, thus keeping you in better overall health.
With all this in mind, you should never fight against sweating. Instead, you should let this work in your favor. Many people are surprised to learn that this has so many health benefits.
Combine a good workout with a massage, and your body (and mind) will soon be thanking you.