Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy®
Come to Serendipity Wellness Studio, located in Burke, VA, to experience one of the best Ashiatsu Massages in the Northern Virignia area.
30 minutes...........$60 60 minutes.......... $102
90 minutes.......... $140 2 hour................ $185
Inspired by Eastern massage techniques and adapted from ancient forms of barefoot massage, Ashiatsu (Ashi = foot; atsu = pressure) is a highly effective, deep tissue treatment for individuals who suffer from chronic neck and back pain.
Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy® combines elements of Thai Massage, Japanese Shiatsu, and Indian Keralite massage with underlining dynamics of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Ashiatsu is highly effective for large athletes, individuals with thick musculature, and people who enjoy deep tissue massage. It decreases inflammation, increases lymphatic flow, and stimulates the body's own self-healing capabilities. Following treatment, clients experience deep relaxation, pain relief, improved posture, and enhanced physical structure and balance. Come visit our Burke, VA location so see why Serendipity Wellness Studio is one of the best in Northern Virginia for Ashiatsu Massage.
Our therapists, supported by parallel wooden bars suspended from the ceiling, apply deep foot pressure to strategic points along your spine and body, to achieve maximum muscle compression. Ashiatsu provides deep, relaxing massage without the pain often associated with traditional deep tissue massage.
Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy®:
- Decreases inflammation
- Increases lymphatic flow
- Stimulates the body's own self healing capabilities
- Improves posture and balance
Although beneficial for many, Ashiatsu is not for everyone. Please inform your therapist of health conditions and medication prior to receiving treatment as contraindications may apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the main difference between Deep, Swedish Massage and Barefoot Deep Tissue Massage?
The amount of even pressure that is applied to the body in barefoot massage can rarely be done with the hands. Because the foot is bigger it covers more tissue; greater pressure can be applied safely, and can be held for an extended period of time, thus stimulating a larger area at one time and increasing a larger amount of circulation. Many clients swear they will never go back to traditional massage after experiencing Ashiatsu.
Who will benefit from a Barefoot Deep Tissue Massage?
These techniques are ideal for those who have chronic lower and upper back pain, mild scoliosis or sciatica, physically fit individuals, larger clients, athletes, and those who want more pressure than can be delivered in a regular massage. Clients seeking improved posture and movement, pain relief and a state of well being, should consider Ashiatsu. Ashiatsu massage also addresses tight or painful hamstrings, calf muscles, quadriceps, tight IT Bands, tight forearms and so much more! Clients with laminectomy, lordosis, kyphosis, fusion or rods can often benefit from a Barefoot Ashiatsu Massage Session.
Who should not have a Barefoot Ashiatsu Massage?
General Contraindications are as follows, but they are not limited to only these:
- You are pregnant
- You've had breast implants within the last year
- You have skin infections or ulcerations
- You've recently had Lasik or eye surgery
- You have TB, thrombosis, phlebitis, varicose veins, aneurysm, kidney disorders, hemophilia, severe osteoporosis
- You have had lymph nodes removed
- You are on any blood thinning medications or medications that inhibit sensation
- You have uncontrolled high blood pressure or diabetes
- You have a recent injury including broken bones or fracture, hematomas, bruises or conditions in acute stages.
- You have swollen or inflamed areas
- You have undiagnosed pain, discomfort, illness or disease
- Special care will be taken for clients with pacemakers
- Fever, Severe Pain, Sun Burn, Open Cuts/ Bruises / Burn, Skin Rash, Cold Or Flu