Visit Serendipity Wellness Studio in Burke, VA to find the peace of mind you deserve.
The gentle, non-invasive approach of pregnancy massage can ease your discomfort and help prepare your body for labor. Massage during pregnancy can also bring back a sense of body-mind integration, putting you into a state of relaxation and calm acceptance of your continually evolving physical form. Pregnancy massage offers a natural, drug-free method of relieving the aches and pains of pregnancy.
Prices start at:
30 minutes ........... $60
60 minutes .......... $102
90 minutes .......... $140
Why Get a Pregnancy Massage?
Prenatal massage offers a wide range of benefits:
- A safe, natural, drug-free method of relief
- Eases backaches, headaches, shoulder and neck aches that may be caused by muscle tension and shifts in posture to accommodate increasing weight
- Decreases pain in the pelvic/hip area
- Increases circulation
- Improves digestion
- Reduces fatigue
- Improves skin elasticity that can help reduce stretch marks
- Helps reduce swelling in such places as hands and lower legs
- Can alleviate the stress on weight-bearing joints, like the knees, which are impacted by the extra weight of a growing baby
- Promotes relaxation and deep breathing
- Helps stabilize hormone levels by lessening anxiety
- Helps prepare the body for labor and delivery by loosening the pelvis and ridding the body of excess tension prior to the onset of labor
Recent studies from the Touch Research Institute (TRI) in Miami, FL., indicate that pregnancy massage provides more than just symptom relief for the mother. A group of 26 pregnant women were given either massage or relaxation therapy during a five-week study. In addition to experiencing a reduction in symptoms of anxiety, stress, sleep problems and back pain, the massage group had fewer complications in their delivery. Their newborns also had fewer postnatal complications. Another TRI study reported massage during labor resulted in shorter labor times for the mothers, shorter hospital stays and less postpartum depression.
Reassurance, nurturing, and relaxation for the mother during pregnancy has been shown to have far-reaching impact on her fetus. Studies indicate that babies sense and respond to their mother’s stress levels as registered by her increased heartbeat. (For in-depth study of this fascinating subject, please read The Secret Life of the Unborn Child.) Some women also choose to incorporate elements of massage during childbirth to cope with delivery.
All expectant mothers should check with their doctors prior to getting a massage. If you have diabetes or high blood pressure, pre-natal massage may not be recommended. It is important to share information about your condition and your preferences with Jennifer when you arrive for your appointment. She will adjust your prenatal massage to make it as soothing and as useful as possible based on your personal needs and preferences.
While getting one massage does provide benefits, pregnancy massage is most beneficial when performed throughout your pregnancy. By receiving regular pregnancy massage you better prepare your body for labor and delivery, resulting in shorter labor times, shorter hospital stays and faster recovery times; not to mention the drug-free relief of all your aches and pains.